Don’t underestimate how much work shoveling and snow blowing snow can be on the muscles! Removing snow is equivalent to an aerobic workout. Overworked muscles can lead to fatigue, soreness, and feeling achy. Here are a few tips to help protect your back from the winter weather:
1) Stretch/warm up before you go outside
2) If shoveling, lift the snow up using your legs, not your back.
3) Don’t throw snow over your shoulder or to this side. This creates stress by twisting the obliques and low back.
4) Shovel small amounts, not big scoops.
5) With a snow blower, push using your legs and not your back or upper body.
Did you end up with back pain after shoveling or snow
blowing? If so, share with us your story and receive 25% off your massage.
Call us at (732) 422-6364 or schedule online on our website
Offer Expires 3/31/18. Valid for most massages including club extra massages (not valid for current club promo). Use promo code snow when scheduling appointment.